Fon-Che Liu received a B.S. degree in Mathematics from Taiwan University
and Ph.D. degree from Purdue University in the respective years of 1962 and
He joined the Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica in 1971 as Associate
Research Fellow and was promoted to Research Fellow in 1973.
He has been jointly appointed as Professor of Mathematics at Taiwan University
He taught at various times at Wayne State University (Detroit), Purdue University
(Lafayette), Tsing-Hua University (Hsin-Chu) and Central University (Chung-Li).
During the Academic year 1980/81 he visited Universite de Paries-Sud at Orsay.
??His research interests center arround Fourier Analysis, Real Analysis and
Nonlinear Analysis. He is fond of hiking and mountaineering. Reading novels
is becoming part of his life.
- Approximation-extension type property of continuous functions of
bounded variation, Journal of Mathematics and Mechanics, 19(1969), 207-218.
- (With C. Goffman) Discontinuous mappings and surface area, Proceedings of
the London Mathematical Society, third series, 20(1970), 237-248.
- (With C. Goffman) On the localization property of square partial sums for
multiple Fourier series, Studia Mathematic, XLIV (1972).
- On the localization of rectangular partial sums for multiple Fourier series,
Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 34(1972), 90-96.
- On uniform convergence of Fourier series after change of variable, The Tamkang
Journal of Mathematics, Tamkang College, 3(1972), 49-52.
- On a theorem of Whitney, Bulletin of the Institute of Mathematics, Academia
Sinica, 1(1973), 63-70.
- (With C. Goffman) Area formula for Sobolev mappings, Indiana University
Mathematics Journal, 25(1976), 871-876.
- Essential multiplicity function for a.e. approximately differentiable
mapping, Memorial volume to President Chiang Kai-Shek, Academia Sinica, (1976),
- A Luzin type property of Sobolev function, Indiana Univ. Mathematics Journal,
- A note on the von Neumann-Sion minimax principle, Bulletin of the Institute
of Mathematics, Academia Sinica, 6(1978), 517-524.
- Approximately differentiable mappings and surface area, Studies and essays
in commemoration of the golden jubilee of Academia Sinica, (1978), 103-111.
- (With N.R. Hsieh and M.C. Hu) Hausdoff measures on topological groups, Reports
of Math. Research Center, 6(1978), 249-257.
- (With C. Goffman) Luzin type theorem for functions of bounded variation,
Real Analysis Exchange, 5(1979/80), 261-266.
- (With C. Goffman) Derivative measures, Proceedings of the American Mathematical
Society, 78(1980), 218-220.
- (With C. Goffman and D. Waterman) A remark on the spaces
, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 82(1981), 366-368.
- (With N. K. Chen) Approximation of nonparametric surfaces of finite area,
Chinese J. Math., 9(1981), 25-35.
- (With C. Goffman and R. Zink) Representatin of measurable functions by multiple
series, Proc. London Math. Soc., XLV(1982), 131-132.
- (With C. Goffman and D. Waterman) A differentiable function for which localization
for double Fourier series fails, Real Analysis Exchange, 8(1982/83), 223-227.
- Embedding distributive lattices in vector lattices, Bulletin of the Institute
of Mathematics, Academia Sinica, 11(1983), 459-462.
- (With A. Granas) Remark on a theorem of Ky Fan concerning systems of inequalities,
Bulletin of the Institute of Mathematics, Academia Sinica, 11(1983), 636-643.
- (With A. Granas) Teoremes de minimax, C.R. Acad. Sc. Paris, 298(1984), 329-332.
- Luzin property, Proc. SMS, Universite de Montreal on "Methodes topologigues
en analyse nonlineaire", 1983.
- A general variational inequality and its application to coincidence theorems,
Proc. Summer Colloq. Math. Res. Center, 1984.
- (With A. Granas) Quelques theoremes de minimax sans convexite, C. R. Acad.
Sc. Paris, 300(1985), 347-350.
- Representation of lattices and extension of measures, Contemp. Math. Amer.
Math. Soc. 42(1985), 113-117.
- (With A. Granas) Some minimax theorems without convexity, Reports of Universite
de Montreal, October 1985.
- (With M. Frigon) Remarque sur une application de 1'indicatrice de Banach
au changement de variables dans une integrale, Reports of Universite de Montreal,
- (With A. Granas) Coincidences for set-valued maps and minimax inequalities,
Journal de Mathematiques Purs et Appliques, 65(1986), 119-148.
- (With A. Granas) Some minimax theorems without convexity, Nonlinear and
convex analysis, in honor of Ky Fan, Eds. Bor-Luh Lin and Stephen Simon, Marcel
Dekker, Inc., 1987, 61-75.
- Comparison of linear combinations of systems of functions and applications,
Chinese Journal of Mathematics, 17(1989), 207-220.
- Approximation-extension properties of functions, Proc. AMC-90, Hong Kong.
- On a form of KKM principle and SupInfSup inequalities of von Neumann and
of Ky Fan type, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 155(1991), 420-436.
- (With A. Granas & J. R. Lee) Theoreme de minimax sans topologie ni convexite,
Colloq. Math. LXIII(1992), 141-144.
- Measure solutions of systems of inequalities, Topological Method in Nolinear
Analysis, 2(1993), 317-331.
- (With W. S. Tai) Maximal mean steepness and Lusin type property, Ric. Mat.,
Napoli, XLIII(1994), 365-384.
- (With W.S. Tai) Approximate Taylor polynomials and differentiation of functions,
Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, 3(1994), 189-196.
- (With Y. J. Chao) Equilibrium value and measure of system of functions,
Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, 5(1995), 255-259.
- (With W.S. Tai) Lusin properties and interpolation of Sobolev spaces, Topological
Methods in Nolinear Analysis, 9(1997), 163-177.
- Some Lusin properties , Proceedings of Australia-Taiwanese Joint Seminar
on Analysis and Applications, 1997.
- Systems of inequalities and mixing of functions. Journal of Nonlinear and
Convex Analysis, V.2, N.2, (2001), 285-289.
- (with Wen-Ching Lien) Maximal mean estimates of taylor
remainder. Bull. of the Ins. of Math. Academia Sinica, V.29, N.2, June 2001,